- Name Esther Versluis
- Date/place of birth 13-08-1975, Den Helder
- Nationality Dutch
Basic Teaching Qualification (in Dutch: BKO certificaat): December 2010
- Utrecht University, Faculty of Social Sciences (July 2003)
- Supervisors Prof. Dr. Frans van Waarden & Dr. Jan Simonis
- "Enforcement Matters. Enforcement and Compliance of European Directives in Four Member States"
- Awarded with the 'Van Poelje' prize 2003; Dutch Association for Public Administration
MA (doctoraal) CULTURE & SCIENCES
- Maastricht University, Faculty of Arts and Culture (Interdisciplinary program with an emphasis on 'Political Culture') (September 1998)
- Thesis: "National EU Policies in the Netherlands and Belgium. From National to European Policy Styles?"
- Fall 1996: Hull University (UK), Politics & European Studies
- Fall 1998: Research Internship, European Institute for Public Administration (EIPA), Maastricht
- Maastricht University, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Department of Political Science (since January 2011)
- 2011 - Fulbright visiting scholar at Cornell University
- Maastricht University, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Department of Political Science (2003-2010)
- Maastricht University, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (European Studies) (01-09-2001/01-07-2003)
- Utrecht University, Faculty of Social Sciences (01-10-1998/01-07-2003)
AWARDS, GRANTS & OTHER DISTINCTIONS
- 2011. FULBRIGHT SCHOLARSHIP, Visiting scholar at Cornell University.
- 2009. CONTRACT RESEARCH, Ministry of Justice. Evaluation of first and third pillar compliance mechanisms. (together with Prof.dr. A. Klip).
- 2008. CONTRACT RESEARCH, Ministy of VROM. Evaluation of REACH. (together with Prof.Dr. M. van Asselt, Dr. R. de Ruiter and Dr. C. Neuhold).
- 2007. RESEARCH TALENT PROJECT, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Maastricht University (together with Prof.Dr. M. van Asselt and Dr. A. Hommels). European Risk Governance. (Euro 16.000).
- 2006/2007. RESEARCH STIMULATION GRANT, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Maastricht University. European Regulatory Agencies. (2006, Euro 1.000; 2007, Euro 1.000).
- 2005. Van Poelje Prize. Awarded by the Dutch Association for Public Administration for the best PhD Dissertation of 2003.
- 2003. JEAN MONNET EUROPEAN MODULE, European Commission (DG for Education and Culture). Minor European Studies. (Euro 12.000).
- 2001. Ministerie van Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid & Ministerie van Volksgezondheid, Welzijn en Sport (together with Prof. Dr. Frans van Waarden) €45.000, research on enforcement of European occupational safety and health directives (resulted in monograph Versluis, 2002)
- Netherlands Institute of Government
- European Consortium of Political Research
OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Netherlands Institute of Government (since January 2008)
- Jury Member, Van Poelje Prijs for the best PhD in the field of public administration
- Academic referee for 'Journal of Common Market Studies', 'Journal of European Integration', 'Regulation & Governance', 'Journal of Contemporary European Research', 'International Review of Administrative Sciences', 'European Journal of Political Research', and 'Bestuurskunde'.
- Member of the editorial board of 'Bestuurskunde' (2006-2011)
- Asia-link project "Development of a Core Curriculum on European Studies to be used in China for MA students with supplementary elements for PhD students" (project sponsored by the European Commission with the partners Maastricht University, Mannheim Centre for European Studies, Institute of European Studies of Macau and IES/CASS Beijing; 20-27 October 2004, Macau & 13-17 June 2005, Beijing).